Monday, October 20, 2008

The One We Waited For....I Guess

Want to start with a couple of quick shout-outs. My good friends Donald Zalewa, Charlotte Brown and Beth Bryant are all celebrating nuptials. No, they're not marrying each other in the first-ever three-way wedding... although that IS an awesome idea. Anyway, they're going off and doing all adult stuff like getting married, going on honeymoons, etc., and I'm thrilled for them. I wish I could be there for their special days, but I can't. So I'm hoping they know how much I love them by reading this blog... which you ARE reading, right???

Now, I just wanted to drop a little somethin'-somethin' for you faithful readers. Those of you who have actual lives on the weekends might have missed out on Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's guest appearance on Saturday Night Live. Yes, for weeks, Tina Fey has been dropping DEAD-ON impersonations of the vice presidential candidate, and this week, we viewers had the surreal enjoyment of watching the two of them on the same stage. It was almost as fun to watch as when Dana Carvey, known for his impersonations of George H. W. Bush, sat across from George H. W. Bush. Anyway, my thoughts on the opening segment... meh. I thought it was funnier to see Mark Wahlberg show up, wanting to kick Andy Samberg's ass for last week's "Mark Wahlberg Talks To The Animals" segment. He would later find Samberg and do exactly what Samberg did while portraying him last week:





But, the bottom line is, the Palin stuff wasn't really all that funny... until we got to Weekend Update. And THIS, my friends, makes going into sketch comedy TOTALLY worth it. Imagine this... I'm posting a Weekend Update segment and it's NOT Jean K. Jean. IN-CRAY-AH-BLAY!:

No comments: