Sunday, September 19, 2010

CAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKE!

Welcome to a very special edition of Thinking Hard. This week, we celebrate "International Talk Like A Pirate Day," which happens to be today...waitasec...holy crap, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! Dammit, totally forgot. Here I was getting all these "Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day" cards and I forgot I turn...older...today. Well, let me tell you what some people gave me for my biRRRRRRthday....Arrrrr:

*Infamous White House party-crasher (and REALLY desperate housewife) Michaele Salahi sent me...royalties. See, she has multiple sclerosis and she's writing about it in a new book. The title of that book? "Cirque Du Salahi." For those of you who have been reading Thinking Hard for a while, you'll remember the plane that splashed down in the Hudson River several months ago. Everyone survived, thanks to the quick thinking of pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger. Following the "miracle," he went on a big media tour which I went on to refer to as "Cirque Du Sully." No surprise here...Michaele apparently reads this blog. So, Mrs. Salahi, I'll be eagerly awaiting my check.

*Rev. Terry Jones in Florida sent me 20 Qurans, the holy book of Islam. Turns out, he DIDN'T burn the books on 9/11...and now he just has a bunch of copies sitting around. Jones says he changed his mind after a discussion with God. I say no one brought a Quran to burn because the people who own a Quran DON'T WANT TO BURN IT BECAUSE THEY'RE MUSLIMS! Idiot. The Daily Show has more:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Islamophobiapalooza
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party


(also, a quick note...a new study out this week shows 76% of young adults get their news from The Daily Show. In stark contrast, only 0.00002% of young adults get their news from Thinking Hard. Go team.)

*A new public service group gave me THIS unusual PSA...I'm not going to tell you a thing about it. Just watch:



*"The Bachelorette" Ali FedoWTFski gave me a headache for my birthday. No shocker here: she's gone from whoring herself out for 25 guys to whoring herself out for Fox. That's right...a Fox station in San Diego HIRED the girl with the weird face to do RELATIONSHIP STORIES. Really? What does this chick know about relationships??? She went on TV to pick one guy out of 25!!! What's her first story? "What to tell the 25th guy when sex with the other 24 has just worn you out"??? "How to mask the smell of sweat and semen with just 30 seconds between dates"???

*An anchor in Slovenia sent me his pants...apparently he doesn't need them. Watch his legs VERY closely here:



To be fair, if the clip had gone further, you'd have seen a young intern crawling out from under the desk, wiping her mouth and looking ashamed. Ah, the perks of being an anchor: show up 40 minutes before showtime, spend 30 of those minutes making yourself pretty, then going on television and sounding like an uninformed jackass. Hm...sound like anyone we know?

*The New Oxford American Dictionary has given me some DELIGHTFUL new words in its new addition. The terms include BFF, bromance, defriend (no joke...see also "unfriend"), gal pal, hater, hockey mom, interweb (are you fucking kidding me???), lipstick lesbian, LMAO, parkour (FINALLY! It's only been on the internet since 2004...Parkour! Parkour!), staycation, TTYL and my personal favorite, tramp stamp. Now if only I can start seeing "TD-Bag"...which is that guy at Buffalo Wild Wings who shouts and cheers at every touchdown during a football game...and every offensive play...and every defensive play...and every shot of a cheerleader...and every commercial...and air...

*Finally, what could perhaps be the biggest gift of all...also from Jon Stewart:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Rally to Restore Sanity
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party


I'm thinking ROAD TRIP!

-B-

No comments: