Sunday, October 17, 2010

Can We Just Get To November Already?

Seriously, I should LOVE this time of the year...clever campaign ads, mudslinging, soundbites from politicians who may or may not have been caught on camera with a hooker at a posh hotel the night before, etc. But I don't. As if you couldn't already tell in my other 150+ posts, I'm a democrat. And I've been excited after the two most recent major elections (2006, 2008) because, hey, my party finally has some power. But let's not kid ourselves here...the democrats have done absolute shit with their power. I think back to what the republicans probably consider their glory days of shoving every bill they could possibly think of through the conservative-controlled Congress during the Bush, Jr. era (which sounds a little like Hardee's-offshoot Carl's, Jr. if you think about it). THAT'S what I wanted the democrats to do! A little payback for TWO "W" administrations. What did I get? Nada. Even that much-touted health care bill this summer...the Obama administration just backed off part of that bill and said "Um, look...insurance companies...you can, uh, go ahead and charge more for policies with seriously sick children." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? That was one of the things that was supposed to make it easier for parents! I'm not even planning to BE a parent and I'm pissed off! ...meh. Maybe Jon Stewart will make me feel better:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Indecision 2010 - Unforced Errors Edition
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorRally to Restore Sanity


Meh...still not quite happy. What else ya got?

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Rally Dos and Don'ts
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorRally to Restore Sanity


Hmm...warmer... Come ON! Is Christine O'Donnell going to be the only candidate to do something ludicrous this campaign season? Isn't there SOME other candidate who doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning... who did something unusual on-camera, yet was COMPLETELY overlooked by the media? And can you spice it up with a little bit of "Where's Waldo?"



Ah, thaaaaat's the stuff. A little Alvin Greene goes a long way. I'll miss him. I hear he was at the fair to offer himself as a "Deep-Fried Candidate," but didn't like the scalding hot deep-fry oil. I'll miss him.

Politics made their way onto The View this week. Fox...um, "commentator?"...Bill O'Reilly appeared and started talking about the islamic center proposed at Ground Zero. You know those people at work (or at home) who LIVE to rile you up and play calm while you freak out? Yeah, it's like that:



I have to agree a little with Babs on this one...if you want to prove you're the bigger person, you just have to sit there and take it and not walk off set, no matter HOW much it feels like the right thing to do. I wonder how Fran Drescher of "The Nanny" fame would react on her upcoming new "Tawk Show" (yes, it's really going to be spelled like that)...

Vive Chile! I wonder what that one miner said underground when he found out both his wife AND his mistress showed up at the dig site to pray for him. How do you say "Well...shit" in Chile?

While we're on the subject of marriage, the "storybook romance" of Courteney Cox and David Arquette is on the skids. The day after they separated, Arquette called in to the Howard Stern show, all sad and heartbroken. He talked about cheating on Courteney a couple of times. He also talked about how Cox had treated him like a child sometimes. Uh, Dave, if I can interject...you ARE a child! You're a 12-year-old trapped in a 39-year-old body! How do I know? Because I'M a 10-year-old trapped in a 33-year-old body!

Let's wrap this one up with my favorite newspaper-picture caption I've seen in weeks:



His son's Peter has good taste (that's what she said).

-B-

3 comments:

Kels said...

First, I feel bad because it's been several weeks since anyone has commented on your glorious, insightful and amusing blogs.

Second, does this mean my squirrels are Nazis...or just history buffs?

http://www.facebook.com/News13#!/photo.php?fbid=1665715605799&set=a.1546077974933.71601.1324542303

Kels said...

Crap:

http://www.facebook.com/News13#!/photo.php?fbid=1665715605799&set=a.1546077974933.71601.1324542303

Kels said...

I effing give up. Just go to my facebook page.