Sunday, January 8, 2012

This week's blog...featuring autocorrections from my new tablet

For the record, I had two misspellings in the title alone because my fingers are so freaking fat...not that the ladies are complaining.

Not a lot going on in this week's blog. Maybe I'd have more if the Iowa caucuses actually MEANT something. But I do want to offer up this little gem from Green Bay, where an anchorman had a true Anchorman moment..



I do love lamp.

Things are going to get a little somber for a moment here. We here at Thinking Hard lost a colleague and friend this week....rather, I lost a colleague and friend this week. Ken Ward was a reporter I worked with in Charlotte. We worked the overnights together for about a year. Every morning at 3am, I could count on him to show up to work with a smile. Ken passed away unexpectedly this week at the age of 44. It hit me hard. He had been ready to move to Florida for a new job with his new wife and young child. It's my hope that he passed peacefully in his sleep. We should all be that lucky. Ken was a good guy taken far too soon. And if that isn't a motivator to live life to its fullest every day, I don't know what is. From the most cynical guy you know, be good to each other and love one another as you want to be loved. Thanks for reading my weekly ramblings. Ken, we miss you, man.

-B-

No comments: