Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thinking Hard with Jebediah and The Piglet

(Wait...I think that makes ME The Piglet...ah, well, if the curly tail fits...)

Y'know, if there's one thing I heard from TH fans over the last week, it's this: "Wait, Bruce Willis is DEAD?!" Yes, apparently I should have offered more of a set-up to last week's "movie ending spoiler trivia challenge" than just starting the blog with "1. Bruce Willis is dead." Although, to be fair, isn't his career basically being lowered into the grave at this point? I mean, is "The Surrogates" even still PLAYING in a theater? So, I tossed out an easy one and a couple that were slightly more obscure. The last one was more for literature buffs in honor of Halloween:

1. Bruce Willis is dead - "The Sixth Sense"
2. The chick's a dude - "The Crying Game"
3. The killer's an orangutan - "Murders in the Rue Morgue" by Edgar Allen Poe, and yes, it was turned into a movie with Jason Robards in the 1970s...you'd really have to be more familiar with the story itself than the existence of the movie.

Okay, so no more quizes. Instead, just another installment of the weird and unnecessary news of the week. Like this: ABC is doing ANOTHER celebrity dance show, where the celebs will re-enact famous dance routines. It'll be hosted by HUGE STAR Kathy Griffin. Gosh, with all of the big names already dancing on "Dancing with the Stars," I hope they can find other stars who are desperate enough for crack mone...I mean, BUSY CELEBRITIES who can spare their time to entertain ABC's viewers. I mean, it's a huge enough coup that ABC could pull Kathy Griffin from the D-List to host such an interesting prospect. I hear they're going to call it "So You Think Your Career Can't Sink Any Lower."

In other unnecessary reality show news, Kirstie Alley, perhaps known best for her role in "Cheers" and eating half of Cleveland, is getting her own reality series on A&E (soon to be known as the "Awkward & Extremely-hard-on-the-eyes Network"). The series will be about her being a single mom, raising a teenage boy and girl, and trying to lose weight. Apparently she's getting ready to give birth to another teenager. Maybe if they adapt it to an NPR audio program, they can call it "Weight, weight, don't eat me."

For those of you who STILL aren't on the Snuggie bandwagon (seriously, what's WRONG with you people?) AND who miss musicians that haven't put anything good out since the late 1990s, have I got a deal for you! The band Weezer is offering its new album "Raditude" (which is as socially relevant now as it was ten years ago) with a SNUGGIE! Yes, you can pay $30 for a snuggie...and some CD you assume your grandchildren will enjoy...or pay $50 for a deluxe "zebra-print" snuggie and get a free "deluxe-edition" CD that doubles as a paint-scraper. Operators are standing by.

Speaking of operators, there's apparently some health care bill that's popular in Washington, DC, this weekend. Something about me being put before a firing squad called a "public option"...I'm not really following it. Fortunately, The Daily Show is:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Health Care: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


I don't get the Mark Foley joke. Can anyone...yes, you?...uh-huh...and he put the WHAT WHERE?...but how does that then...ohhhhhhh...ew.

And one more tidbit of unnecessary news this week, the geeks are revolting! Apparently, their hands are too covered in baby oil to properly steer their cars (don't judge), so they think you should use an IPHONE to drive it...from FOUR INCHES away (which, after all, is the same length that got them in trouble in the first place)! Yes, it worked for James Bond...now you TOO can operate a car from the backseat:



I bet that SUCKS when AT&T's service drops out..

-B-

6 comments:

jess said...

No horse & buggy parking in front of representatives offices. Keep it moving....

But first-I'd like to see your curly tail!

Kirstie Alley did not eat half of Cleveland. She ate Jenny Craig. Apparently, she thought that *was* the meal plan. oops.

And how many pages is this health care reform bill? oh, right...it's also 7 feet tall with fireballs from its eyes, and bolts of lightning from its arse. (name the movie...)

A visual note... "bigger, longer and uncut"....right above hottie Jason Jones.

And we get it...you're a verizon customer and you have a stupid $100 phone bill with stupid unlimited everything. Bite me-my att 3G service is still faster than yours:)

Anonymous said...

You need a disclaimer! I almost spilled my drink on a few occasions. My lawyers will be contacting you.

jess said...

Anonymous...why are you hiding? Are you skurred? Come out and face the firing squad...lol (hi jh!)

james said...

anonymous is not i. I just read it. i was not awake at 6:51 sunday morning.
boo-yah.
BILL BIG!
....America.

Anonymous said...

My identity is quite the mystery,
But a master of words is not what I be,
Nor am I a director,
In a way I might be an inspector,
I do however really enjoy Thinking Hard,
I did not graduate from Brevard.

jess said...

My apologies James...apparently Blaine was being diabolical and playing with me. I then unfairly accused you of hiding.

And now, Blaine is sitting next to me, yet again, refusing to tell me who the eff anonymous is. argh.

Kelsay-I hear you are also curious. call me. We'll figure out this riddler!