Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Quick Shout From The Land Of "Dang!" Root Beer

No joke...I have found Dang! Root Beer in the midwest on my Christmas vacation. I'll remember this the next time I make fun of the country folk in the south. Maybe.

Hey, we here at Thinking Hard would like to welcome the holiday gift of Noah Hartsell into the world. James, we're sending you earplugs and whiskey. Is it too much to hope that Noah's Christmastime arrival means he's a child of immaculate conception?

So I don't have much time since I'm on vaca, but a quick note that the Senate and House both voted to repeal the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in the military. Yes, I'll trade more tax cuts for the rich and less money for the already starving schools of America to allow gays in the military. Much as I appreciate Obama's imitation of Howie Mandel (I keep waiting for him to say "John Boehner...deal...or no deal?"), I really hope the deal pays off better in the long run than it looks on paper.

All right, that's enough rambling for now. I have to go deal with family. First, I need to find some Four Loko.
-B-

No comments: