Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pouring One Out For My Homies Who Left The Newsroom This Week

What's up and welcome back. We're now in the HEAVY heat before the dog days of summer...seriously, 95 degrees at the end of May??? Stupid heat.

It was only made worse yesterday as I lugged what felt like my body weight in comic books (don't judge) to get them signed (read: make them worth more) at the local comic convention. An older guy ahead of me in a VERY slow-moving line turned and said to me (in my best old southern guy voice) "It's almost lahk (like) a lahn (line) at an amusement pahk (park)." Yeah...except for it's INDOORS. If the convention had been held outdoors, I would have passed out in the first ten minutes. But it was totally worth it for 15 bucks.

Hey, do you remember me telling you about the news director in Syracuse who left after someone sent out a company-wide email from his account saying he and the station's consumer reporter were having an affair? Well, now a few weeks after the fact, that reporter has also resigned. Seems like something that should have happened sooner. I thought it weird that the news director would leave and the "object of his affection" would continue HER job. And again, no update to the rumors that the news director's own DAUGHTER sent out the email...but I still think that's humorous and worth noting.

Also relating to inappropriate behavior and "worth noting"...


Ah, journalism. Jon's done a great job with this story. He hasn't pulled any punches all week. He's treated the story with the same type of humor the show always offers...which is unexpected since Weiner and Jon are so tight. I'm impressed that The Daily Show has been able to stay its course despite the possible conflict of interest.

Y'know, that makes me think...I hope my blog does some good for someone someday. It's nice to think that my time's not being wasted. I'd almost like to see something similar to what happened for the guy who started this blog called "This Guy Has My Macbook." See, some asshole stole his Macbook laptop computer. So he used a program he'd already installed on the computer to spy on the thief and take random pictures of the thief and the activity on the computer. Quite frankly, a BRILLIANT move...considering it worked. This week, police found the thief and the computer and got it back to its owner. That's awesome. So tune in next week for the new blog "This Guy Has Eaten My Soul." Here's a preview:


This is a picture of him after he just finished eating my soul.

Special shout-out to Katie and Mark, two of my dearly departed co-workers in the newsroom. You guys are great co-workers and fantastic friends and you'll be missed in the office, but we'll be drinking together soon.

-B-

1 comment:

Katie said...

hey you're pretty fantastic too. Glad you got your $15 worth Saturday... I would have given the dumb southern guy the stupid look.