Sunday, January 6, 2013

Here I Thought The New Year Would Be Dull

So the first full week of 2013 is in the books...go team? As expected, Congress worked out a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff just hours after we went over it. So, ultimately, you won't see any impact in your paycheck except the extra 2% social security tax. See, we apparently had been on a social security tax holiday and were paying LESS to social security for the past several months. That vacation is over. Ah well...it was fun while it lasted. I just wish I'd bought a t-shirt or a postcard. Let me tell you that the creative process here around the Thinking Hard offices has been a little lacking since the new year began. I think I have a head cold or something. Y'know what I really need? I need a clip of a December 31st bash that was televised in Hollywood that REALLY shouldn't have been televised. Now, I could name the host (some of you might recognize him as an "actor" or "comedian"), but I just saw an article in which he claims all of the bat-shit craziness you're about to see was actually PLANNED and that he's benefitting because people are talking about his show several days after the fact. So I'm not gonna name him. Don't want to give him one more hit on the Google feed. Because I highly doubt this monstrosity was "planned"... (also, watch this clip soon...it keeps getting removed from various sites) Wow...if THAT'S what 2013 holds for us, the apocalypse should have killed us in 2012. -B-

No comments: