Sunday, February 3, 2013

Are You Ready For Some Commercials And Non-Lip-Synching Performers?

Yeah, just doesn't have the same ring to it. Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone. I'm pulling for the Ravens, but as I was informed two weeks ago, I'm a bandwagonner because, even though I cheered for the Ravens five years ago, I don't broadcast it all over the fucking place with jerseys and Ravens trivia knowledge. So I guess I'll just have to cheer for the commercials. And Beyoncé. Let me tell you, it obviously wasn't a complete waste of everyone's time to call her out for lip-synching during President Obama's inauguration and then question if she'll actually be singing at the Super Bowl. Seriously, the only two times we've really given a shit about lip-synching are when Britney Spears did it on some music awards show and when Ashlee Simpson (of "The Crazy Simpson Girls") got caught in it during Saturday Night Live. And then did a jig. And made me happy. Hey, if you tuned in to the blog last week, you noticed there was (for the first time in a LONG time) no new post on Sunday morning. I was on the road in Nashville, Tennessee, for the regional news emmy awards. Spoiler: I didn't win. But had some great food. Now, if you've never been to Nashville, let me briefly describe downtown. Part of it is this: The rest is like this: You can't go twenty feet without running into a homeless person playing a guitar, or the mouth-powered organ like in the clip above, or a box. Yes, there was a person beating on a BOX just FEET from the Hard Rock Café. It is so hard not to think of Nashville as "The City Where Dreams Go To Die." If you're into the live music scene, by all means, visit Nashville. If you don't like people asking you for spare change everywhere you go, you might want to consider somewhere else. Y'know, that's a little depressing. Let's wrap up this week with a big mood-lightener. If you've ever read this blog, you know that I hate people. Especially those people who act like a bunch of fucking idiots when they're drunk AND see a TV camera. I mean, I talk to a LOT of fucking idiots on the phone at work, but I can only IMAGINE the waste of human space that walks up to my station's reporters in the field. So I HATE when people walk up in the middle of a live shot and make faces or show middle fingers or just start talking randomly to reporters trying to do their jobs (unless of course the person in question is Jay-Z's sister and he was just looking for her on the subway). So I particularly enjoy when the reporter decides to basically say "Fuck You" to Idiot America. Like this chick, covering the Super Bowl: Some days, I think Darwin was right about "Survival of the Fittest." Other days? Notsomuch. -B-

No comments: