Friday, March 15, 2013

He's-a Da Friggin' Pope!

Welcome, Pope Francis. I'll do my best not to make fun of your sissy, girly name. KIDDING! DON'T SMITE ME! Hey, you lucky readers, welcome to a special EARLY edition of Thinking Hard. Your benefit is my agony...I'm working 7 days straight and won't have time to blog Sunday. Want to know what I'm doing? It's a little something like this... Actually, what I do didn't quite make the tape. Yes, I walk in at midnight to put that shit on at 4:30am. Y'know, when the helicopter is going to shoot video for the day's stories. Apparently there's also a 4-and-a-half hour newscast to be put together. Still, though, I appreciate KPIX's explanation of what happens in a newsroom so I can stop trying to explain in to my grandparents. "No, Grandma, I'm not ON television...I MAKE television." Actually, intern Kelsay presented this ALTERNATE version of what she and I do. It's all in fun, but some days, it REALLY feels like this: Thanks, internet. Why can't people just blog like the rest of us??? Y'know, there's the occasional moment on TV news where video airs that seemed like a good idea at the time, but doesn't really work out in the end. Happy Women's Day... BIG UPS TO HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT! "Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime." If you can name that movie, you have way too extensive knowledge of movies. I mean, mistakes CAN happen, though, when a station does a buttload of live TV. Like my reference last week about the chopper pilot. This is how that appears on TV... But sometimes, it takes more than one person to make an error on air. After all, this list of birthday people had to come from SOMEONE: Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to interview an intern candidate. A Mr. Phil McCracken. EMAIL US! TEXT US! TWEET US!...on second thought, don't. -B-

No comments: