Sunday, March 3, 2013

We're Back, Baby! or Jennifer Lawrence Isn't Impressed With This Blog

I'm sitting at my computer's keyboard and not my phablet, so that means I have internet access again! Woot! Actually, I need to offer up a couple of apologies in relation to last week's blog. First, I'm sorry to AT&T. I unfairly blamed the company for cutting out my internet service because I was a little slow on the bill payment. As it turns out, my internet router had died. The same internet router that AT&T sold me a couple years ago. So, AT&T, I'm sorry for blaming you for my internet outage...even though you were essentially responsible for my internet outage. Second, I'm aware that my phablet's autocorrect changed the word "gay" to "Gary" last week as I was talking about the gay scandal within the Catholic Church. So, my apologies to all the Garys out there who were unfairly connected to the scandal. And if anyone out there has a problem with my apologies, Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence has a little something for you: I'm assuming that's her response to the 30th reporter asking her after the Oscars about her slipping and tripping up the stairs to accept her Best Actress award. Seriously, it got so bad with the backstage interview questions about that slip that I was thankful for the one reporter who started to ask about something else...until he asked the 20-something actress whether she was concerned she had already hit her peak. Her response: "Well I wasn't until you asked that question!" Hollywood reporters are idiots. So, while I've been unable to blog, I've had a lot of time to browse the interwebs and watch local TV news...from other cities. And it seems like they all cover some of the big news stories in a similar way. VERY similar... You don't need us to tell you those people are just re-hashing the same wire copy. C'mon! Give me something different! Give me a big story but a reporter who's just frustrated enough about it not to give a shit about what comes out of her mouth! Do we have ANYTHING like that? No joke, my reporters spend 5-6 hours outside when it's snowing and then an additional 5-6 hours at work because no one realizes they've already been at work for 5-6 hours. Not ONCE have I heard them bitch about it on-air. Now, when they're talking to me on the phone in the newsroom? Entirely different story. But you know who else thinks it sucks in the snow and cold? This guy: Now before you get on my case about showing such a horrific thing on this blog, first, let me say at least I didn't throw up that stupid video of the Harlem Shake on the airplane (side note: what will be the next big internet craze? Harlem planking?). Second, the kid survived. Sure he had a head injury and some punctured organs, but do you really think he ended up hanging there by ACCIDENT??? Keep that fucking bar down on your lap next time! I wonder if the head injury gave him a nervous tic...like this local reporter who can't say his name without flinching: So, back to the big stories. The Pope is out. Billions of dollars in spending cuts couldn't be avoided by a Congress who just had to have one last "fuck you" to their opponents on the other side of the aisle. Argo was a good movie, but the actors in it weren't good enough to win awards. But none of that matters when you consider what I'm about to show you. Across the pond (read: Pacific Ocean), those crazians (crazy Asians) are coming up with amazing ways to demolish a building. And while it probably takes FOREVER, at least there's no mess. Check this out: So THAT'S how shrinkage works! -B-

No comments: