Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving Thanks For Family...And A New Computer

Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Leftovers Tuesday! We're gonna keep this one quick because you all need to go out shopping for Black Friday deals. I've been in TV news for a while, and I've seen some ridiculous things. I've seen anchors ignore cues from producers to stop talking because, hey, they were in the middle of a thought. But I don't think I've seen anything quite like quitting on air. Like these anchors out of Bangor, Maine, who didn't like the way their station was doing news. "We quit...now here's Steve with sports. Steve, how about them Jets?" The station's manager says the guy's anchor position was offered to someone else and his co-anchor just couldn't work without him. He's 29 and she's 40-something. Let's hope they're not blackballed in the industry for the rather bold move. Hey, it's starting to get cold here in the U.S. but things are just heating up in Argentina. I'm all about advertising to get your business up, but this air conditioning spot is a little...um...well, you decide: I can't decide which is weirder...the creepy child molester peeking out of the blinds or the dude catching on fire. Don't worry. That guy had more than enough hair on his body to protect his skin. -B-

No comments: