Sunday, July 28, 2013

Things I Can't Unsee



I'd like to punch thank Geraldo Rivera for his brilliant impression of NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner. In a side note, AW has done a great job of sliding his way into that race, pounding the pavement for votes and causing a premature eruption of excitement. But a quick tip, AW, if I may...stop using your phone's camera. The scandals are making you look like a dick.

Now a quick piece of breaking news from our "Woman on the Street"...



To recap today's top story, she got news for you. I love a good "person attacks reporter" video...as long as I am neither "reporter" nor "person."

There's also some other news...I guess some baby was born this week. I don't care.

And now, breaking news about a big back-up on the roads...



Man, they better get that cleared up soon. I'm hearing that could cause some real, long-term damage if it's just allowed to build up like that. Wait, I think I see an exit to the north...but it's going to be just a very small hole in the trouble, and there are going to be millions of people trying to get through that tiny hole. And when they finally get through, THAT is going to be a serious mess.

I don't know if you've been watching the blog over the past few weeks, but earlier this month, we showed you a clip from a San Francisco TV station newscast identifying four pilots aboard a wrecked Asiana Airlines flight. I would pull the clip up again, but the TV station in question has ordered ALL the clips removed from the interwebs, so the only clip on this blog that still has it is last week's Colbert Report clip. Which is fine. Anywho, the station has also gone ahead and fired three producers associated with the error. One is a "special projects" producer (bonus points if you can tell me what a person in THAT position does). One of the other producers spoke out about his firing. I'm going to print his statement the way he wrote it...VERBATIM...and as you read this, keep in mind this producer also teaches JOURNALISM at San Francisco State University. Again, this man is a teacher. Of reporters:

"My hard-earned reputation is intack. There are lawyers, so eager as I am to anser all questions, I must refrain."

Clearly this is a smear campaign against this particular producer. If he can't even spell INTACT or ANSWER correctly, there's NO WAY he could have spelled Sum Ting Wong...unless he actually thought the pilots were AMERICAN. Then I understand.

Finally, it was a lovely day out swimm...HEY, FUCKER, NOT SO CLOSE!



Turns out it got so close because it was a SPERM whale. Named Anthony Weiner.

-Carlos Danger-

No comments: